torsdag 25. oktober 2012

Confidence.

Confidence is one of those things I lack completely, I am a very insecure and shy person.
I don't usually meet new people and get new friends very often just because I'm shy and because I am afraid to embarrasse myself. I think the reason I'm pretty shy and don't talk much around people and especially girls is because I overanalyze everything, I think of their reactions to what I would say, what they would think of me and so on. I'm afraid people is going to think I'm weird and therefore I usually avoid them unless I know them. This lack of confidence and the fact that I am a very insecure person has actually led to me believing I am ugly which I still strongly believe to this day.
One day a long time ago when we were sitting around eating around the dinner table me and my brother got into a bit of a heated argument, which led to him calling me ugly my response was "I know" I don't think he has been able to look at me the same way ever after that.
Due to my insecurities this has led to me taking compliments and insults very literally, when a girl says thats a nice shirt or that my hair looks cool or something like that I can feel like I'm on cloud nine, but when someone insults me although I put a brave front I take it very literally and always look for ways to improve myself. The fact that I am not very slim and rather "chubby" does not help my confidence either, so I have started working out hoping it will improve my confidence, but you have probably gotten sick of reading about how I feel a long time ago. So how is your life ? Have you struggled with these things before ? I could post a pic of myself tomorrow after I get my hair cut if you guys would like me to do that, then you can see and think for yourselves...

1 kommentar: